Directions to Alcudia Smir from Tangier Airport
- There are many CAR HIRE operators at the airport , it is recommended to book before arrival.
- Airport PICK-UP / GUIDED TOURS can be arranged subject to availability.
- Leaving the Airport , after 1k turn right on the dual carriageway towards “Rabat”
- After 7k arrive at the Motorway Peage, collect your ticket, proceed 500m to take the turn to “Tanger Est / Tetouan / Port Tanger Med”
- Proceed on the Motorway for 37k , passing the exit for “Tanger Est” and the Service Station which has all facilities, to the Peage, the charge in 2015 is 23dh.
- From the Peage proceed 45k in the direction of “Fnideq / Tetouan” to Fnideq. Along this mainly dual carriageway route you will pass alongside the new Port Tanger Med and will have fine views of Spain, The Straits and Gibraltar, weather permitting.
- The last 18k of this route takes you over the Rif mountains from the Atlantic to the Mediterranean – drive carefully and enjoy the views.
(If you arrive in bad weather conditions an alternative route is to take the “Tanger Est” exit from the Motorway to “Tetouen” then North on the R.N.13 coast road toward “M’diq / Sebta” arriving after about 30 minutes at Alcudia Smir before Fnideq).
- As you arrive at Fnideq, turn left for 1k to the dual carriageway coast road, turn right (South) and after 6k arrive at the entrance to Alcudia Smir.
- Along this coast road you will pass through Fnideq which has good cafes and restaurants for your refreshment.
As with all travel in Morocco please note the following :
- Traffic Police mount frequent speed checks on roads and traffic islands – on the spot fines may be in the order of 400dh.
- Drive carefully looking out for potholes and the “unexpected” , never drive when tired.